11.06.2010

The Difference Between Justin Bieber To Tokio Hotel

Credit Mor/THUS

Okay, so this is really an amazing blog post of a very famous blogger here that he wrote in the last days, and this guy has a lot of influence. It's nothing official, but since he's so famous among the bloggers, I decided I have to translate it to you. Bieber is starting to rule the blogs-world as Tokio Hotel used to rule in the past, and people started comparing between the two. Check this out!

The Difference Between Justin Bieber To Tokio Hotel
http://israblog.nana10.co.il/blogrea...gcode=12136956

Justin Bieber or Tokio Hotel? Which of the phenomenons is better?

One year ago, Tokio Hotel ruled Israblog (the website). They still have a fanblog that's in the most viewed blogs list (back then there used to be 5 blogs, while one of them was almost at the top of the list, on the third place if I'm not wrong). Personally, Tokio Hotel never bothered me.

I've never listened to their music. I listened to few songs, didn't feel connected with it that much, but you could see they are very talented guys. People asked me few times to joke about them on my blog, but I didn't really have something to say about them. First of all, they are not so suck as people who hated them tried to make them look like. Second, the thing that pissed people off was the huge wave of the fans and not their music. The fans were probably overreacting over them, but it's a group of boys that look actually good, so what are you expecting for? It's obvious that girls around the world would love them. Oh, and they sing about love (I don't know German. Just a wild guess). Someone said Backstreet boys?

When Justin Bieber appeared, I didn't even move a finger at first to listen to his songs (like with Tokio Hotel, until I gave up). I guessed it's like Tokio Hotel, just American. Which means: more commercialized, more kitschy and probably contains the words "I love you baby" very often.

I checked his songs only after I saw him as a guest on an American TV show and few videos on Youtube of his interviews. I was shocked. Not just it was more suck and kitschy than I could ever imagine, the music was worse than I could ever think about (in order to his fame. It's not like there aren't worse things than him).

You can't even compare between Justin Bieber and Tokio Hotel. They're just not at the same level. It's like comparing "Avatar" with "Waltz with Bashir". It's obvious Tokio Hotel are much better than him! At least about music and performance.

For comparison, listen to the
and compare it to
. I don't know if it's the most popular song, I just Googled Tokio Hotel and that's the first song I found, but I don't think you need more to understand we're talking here about a completely different level. Just try to listen to the music, not even the words.
Just if you want to piss Tokio Hotel fans off you can keep comparing betweeb them, but that's the only reason you have. Even Yoav Maor (another famous blogger that used to laugh at Tokio Hotel a lot) gave up on them.

Maybe Tokio Hotel are still not at the same level of Nightwish and Sonata Arctica, but comparing to them, Justin Bieber is just a Youtube boy with a microphone. That's how he started, and the level haven't changed that much because he didn't go through the hard work all of the most famous musicians have gone through.

The reason that Tokio Hotel are so huge, is that they performed long before someone discovered them and made them famous. It's not like they're the next generation of the music, but they absolutely got a lot for their music and not just because they're cute boys that the girls love (but that too). Generally, most of the teenager girls in Israel or in the world don't understand German and that's why the kitsch in Justin's songs with sentences like "baby, I love you" (of course, Justin talks about you specifically so you'll buy his albums) got into the girls much more. Tokio Hotel did it too, but also in the specific song of Tokio Hotel I just linked, in English, they sound much smarter than him. They have some deep lyrics.

[...]

The post is longer but more things about Justin. I just translated the parts about Tokio Hotel. He also says they're good performers and the comments on his posts are very positive, I'm glad about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment