7.13.2011

KAWANKU Magazine (Indonesia) 2011 July 13

Translation by Winda

BILL KAULITZ ‘TOKIO HOTEL’ ALWAYS LOVES GERMANY

Living in a city with a population of 700 people, from childhood Bill and Tom had often got a strange sight from their friends at his age. "My childhood is full of struggle. I knew it since I got off from the School Bus, some people were laughing at me, and the others were making joke of me. Tom and I felt like we are aliens from a different planet. Sometimes our stepfather had to pick up us from the bus stop with a dog and a baseball stick so they couldn’t beat us, "recalls Bill.

Although often-bullied by their friends, Bill's never give up. Instead, he deliberately looked as eccentric as possible so people would look at him whenever he passed. "I was really enjoyed when I entered the class, and half the students turned around, looking at me. It sounds mental, huh? But that's it. Then I realized that not everybody likes me."

Beginning his career at the early age also adds some pressure on Bill. For Bill and Tokio Hotel, the German media were too harsh on them. If it were so, they chose to appear outside of Germany. "Ever since I was 15 years old, there was always something to be written about us, and mainly in Gossip column. Unlike on outside Germany, they think of us as musicians. Not just as a ‘gossip source’ " he said.

Bill also thought that Germans like being prejudice to Tokio Hotel. Once, there was a television survey. People passing by on the streets got to hear of Tokio Hotel music without being told the band’s name. Many of them like it. "As soon as my band's name is mentioned, their expressions instantly were like, hate it. That explains everything, right?" said Bill.

But this fashionable man has not even slightest intention of moving from Germany. "Germany is a home for our friends and family. And it is also (a home) for me, Tom and my dog. As soon as I open the gate, I could rest. I'll never turn away from Germany." Owww, that's so sweet!

SOURCE 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment