7.21.2012

The Forbidden Floor Book insipired by Tokio Hotel

CREDIT & Translation by TOKIO HOTEL ROCKS MY WORLD!

Exclusive Interview by TH Belarus with Caroline Sauvageot, author of the book "The Forbidden Floor" which was inspired by Tokio Hotel!

It was released in French language, and it is available at:
http://7ecrit.com/letage-interdit-2759.html and even the English edition is being printed, it has been supported by Universal Music as much as from many fans in different countries.
Interview in English:

- How did you get the idea of writing a book about Tokio Hotel?
Caroline: I first had the idea to write about the music business, show teamwork... And then I found out TH and their fans.
So, I was so inspired by all that and I have only to say: Thank you!

- Why did you decide to write about them?


Caroline: I'm a fan of glam rock. I love David Bowie, Hanoi Rocks and Motley Crue and friends with their own set of glam rock. These people are heavily criticized for the fact that men use cosmetics, wear leggings have long hair, so I wanted to write about rock - about a group like this. And when I heard about TH, they were particularly suitable for this story. Their messages about drugs, or "Live Every Second" was really cool. Their fans also are amazing, so I wanted to write about this passion, this love for an idol, and also about how the group can help young people.

- What do you want to convey to readers through the book?


Caroline: I want to show the work of a rock band - because when we go to a promotion or a concert, we are not aware of: what is work? I am writing to tell you about the people who are working in concert for months to ensure that we are able to enjoy a two-hour show. I wanted to convey to readers how was it living in Germany during the 2003/2004, talking about the school system of education, what we saw on TV, music and movies that were very popular.
I really wanted to move readers to the real life of TH. I also want to show what it is to live in luxury hotels, travel, bus - because life is not always happy, as we think. I want to show what it means to be a fan, a group may be important and can help someone.
The book also contains a host of other topics as the history, legends, art or literature that I wanted to open to my readers.
My readers may be fans of TH or not, doesn't matter. Everyone will enjoy this story. If readers don't know TH, I'll show them who are these 4 great boys.

- What kind of reaction you expect from the guys (fans)?

Caroline: I hope you like it. In any case, none of them did anything to stop me and supported me enough.
It will be good that boys can read the book and learn more about their fans, their feelings and all their fans do for them. Because I know that boys don't realize all of their fans and what they do and then will be very proud of them when they find out how much that helped fans feel better and the fans are great and doing amazing things for their idols. They are proud of their Aliens and know some things, but it will be much better if the musicians know more of them!

- Do you want to give a book to Tokio Hotel?

Caroline: As soon as I publish the English version, I'll post some books for the management, but I know the band is busy. They really don't like to read, so I think that they won't read a book with 400 pages in English. It would be nice to be able to translate the book to their native, German language.

- Who are your favorite writers? Which of the writers is an example for you?

Caroline: There are two types of writers:
A. In general, I like Jules Verne, Balzac or Zola.
This is a typical French literature, and every time I learn a lot at the end of one of the books of these authors. They are - from the 1800s and their books are best-Celler so far. These writers have created many different characters in the sagas and stories have been relevant over time.
I want to write in the same manner. I would like to see someone in 2150 - open the book and see how people lived and adolescents in the 2007/2012. We live in strange times. So many things changes. We know the Internet, then MP3 players, cell phone, digital camera and now smartphones, Internet on your phone, so we talk all the time and everywhere.
B. - I like Kerouac, Tennessee, and Hemingway.
Their styles are realistic, and notes of their travels. They travel and take us with them. This is a very easy journey by car, a few friends, a guitar and a few dollars in your wallet. Adventure, freedom. I like to write short stories and novels like that, so that my readers travel - opening some of the countries, young people and tourist spots.

- What gender are you working these mostly?

Caroline: I'm writing a realistic novel, I'm obsessed with details, ha ha. I love doing a huge research, so readers can learn a lot about the topic, country, and indeed, the current form, hotel room or situation.
As I said before, I like adventure stories and testimonials, so I'm trying to mix these two types. I have really wanted to write a book like Jules Verne, with beautiful illustrations and it's great that Lykan and Allegator offered me their beautiful work.

- Fans from Belarus and Russia would like to learn about you. Tell us more about yourself:
Caroline: I live in France. I was secretary and now I'm trying to be writer. I love nature and live near the forest. I love photographing the sky, sun, clouds. Nature is always changing and I love to capture all images.
When I was 11 years (in 1989), in my school we recorded a single on Liberty by the 200 anniversary of the storming of the Bastille. That's why from the backstage world of music, I wanted to explain to people that this is not an easy job, and it can be boring as all jobs.

- Do you focus on poetry?

Caroline: Yes, just a few years ago I wrote some poems. Then I wrote the lyrics of the songs for the book "Out of Range" and other books on music. This is poetry.

- Tokio Hotel is your favorite band?


Caroline: Well, it's hard to say what they are for me, because soon I will be 34 years old and before them I had other favorite bands.
I loved Bowie, Dylan and Jim Morrison in adolescence.
And Nirvana, Guns'n'Roses, Bon Jovi, Oasis, Hanoi Rocks, Mötley Crüe, Aerosmith ...
I also like Blondie and No Doubt.
I also like the little-known bands and artists such as: Au Revoir Simone, Stalh Fredrika, Ruth Ann Sigvarsson, a frenzy of luxury, Lenka, Scarlet Johanson ...
And some very special music under the name of "krautrock": Kraftwerk, Ash Ra Tempel, Tangerine Dreams... "The Nutcracker" and "Swan Lake".

- What kind of music, as well as German quartet you prefer?


Caroline: I love rock, but I also like Krautrock. This music Kosmic German, I speak of it in history.
You might be surprised to see how this relates to TH.
For this reason, now TH is one of my favorite bands, because I can see so many relationships to their music. This is where each artist is inspired by everything and creating new music.

- I think every writer likes to read. What are you reading?

Caroline: Haha, this summer will be "hot and strange," thanks to the erotica of Anais Nin and mystical Däniken books..

- Do you have any hobbies besides writing?

Caroline: I look after my mother who is very ill. She was diagnosed (a type of multiple sclerosis) and breast cancer. I also take care of her aunt, so I didn't have much time for hobbies, but I'm trying to enjoy everything I do. I love cooking for my mother and aunt, and try new recipes. I love taking photos, as I said.
Now I am very busy working on the promotion of books and preparation of the first and second volume. I also think the third book.
- Goodbye! And good luck to you. We sincerely hope that your creation is appreciated.

Interview for http://tokiohotel.by/forum/


No comments:

Post a Comment